Teaching in Kigali, Rwanda

Welcome! This page was intended to keep my friends and family informed of my experiences in Kigali for the 2010-2011 school year. Thanks for stopping by and staying in touch! I will continue to post as I transition back to life in California.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Answer to Prayer part 2

I haven't been very emotional since I arrived in Kigali. A few moments here and there I have felt some highs and lows, but when I'm sad I don't cry or show any kind of physical reaction. Yesterday, on the walk home from school the tears came out of no where. It had been a good day, nothing out of the ordinary to report, but there I was walking and crying, and I couldn't make it stop. I just suddenly missed my mom :( I realized that I could not pick up the phone and just call her whenever I wanted, and this just made me so sad. It was then that I realized that it was my 'one month anniversary'. Honestly, it's amazing I've lasted this long emotionally. Three weeks in Korea and I was a homesick mess!

This morning when I got up and online to Skype with Pami, my mom called as soon as I signed on :) (sorry for the delay Pami!) It was such a comfort to sit and talk with her for 20 minutes and catch up. Little moments like that mean a lot to me.

So, all this to say, I am not a big believer in coincidences, but instead I believe in answered prayers and grace filled blessings.

In our Bible lesson today we looked at the song "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus" - I've been singing it all day:

  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Refrain:
      Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.

1 comment:

  1. Our lovely Jenn! It has been a month, and you are being blessed and blessing others...amazing! You are such an encouragement and it is amazing to see the pictures and get a glimpse into what you are experiencing. We love you! Karra & Craig

    ReplyDelete